Saturday, January 18, 2014

Shedding the Past..


The following is an excerpt from my book 'Confessions of a Spiritual Apprentice' ©

On this night, the eve of my thirtieth birthday, I stand in front of the bathroom mirror and begin to pull at my dreads. I fold my long hair to the left and then over to the right. I rub my scalp deeply and notice a dreadlock is thinning at the root where it meets my head. I find myself tugging lightly on the dread and it releases itself from my scalp. I hold it in my hand and decide to navigate the surface of my head for any other loose locks. I find another, and this time it is a much longer and thicker dreadlock. It is half loose and half still connected. I tug at it and feel the need to pull even harder. I hold the root hairs of this dread and then attempt to pull the thick lock from its source. With the sound of a rip and a tear, I succeed! I stand looking at myself in the mirror holding these two freed locks in my hand. I then ruffle my remaining locks and feel a sense of satisfaction flow through me. I wrap my two orphaned locks in a scarf and head to bed.

The following morning I pack my satchel with a pen, journal, pear, left over muffin from yesterday, bottle of water, sarong, shades and my quartz crystal. I glide by the kitchen area and grab a cup of hot chai and take to the hills barefoot. I walk for about a mile and get as high up into the land as possible. Even though there are few visitors at the retreat center, I still seek to be removed as much as possible. After finding a suitable place to pee in the bushes- I make my way a little further up the hill and find a nice spot that has just enough shade and just enough light to keep me comfortable.

Journal Entry- May 13th, 2002
I awoke this morning with a far out idea of how to incur healing and closure from afar. It’s kinda like an energy tool I guess, but it’s a letter. An energy letter.  As I thought about all the things I wish to change in my life- the idea of writing a letter directly to these things and people- came to me. The vibe from the energy letter was that I am to write to their Higher Self, from my Higher Self.  © Tuesday May Thomas 2013


music books blogs videos

I am not a certified nutritionist, doctor or therapist. 
Please consult your healthcare professional before participating in any
 lifestyle changes you may feel are questionable to your health. 
I am not responsible for any action you resume, You are- Make it pleasurable.
© Tuesday May Thomas 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment